polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject EventBus?
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 02:16:35 GMT
Kent,
I saw your EventBus work, and I would be happy if you could elaborate on
the mechanics.

For instance, to me it felt a bit "strange" that the EventType declares its
handler type, instead of the handler declaring the event type. I guess that
you have some reason for this, even if I can't see it.

Another thing, instead of going via the event route (which for me feels a
bit misplaced for Assembly), we could instead add methods,

   addServices( boolean ifExists, Class<?>... services)
   addEntities( boolean ifExists, Class<?>... services)
   addValues( boolean ifExists, Class<?>... services)
   addTransients( boolean ifExists, Class<?>... services)
   addObjects( boolean ifExists, Class<?>... services)

in LayerAssembly and ApplicationAssembly classes.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer