polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Strange Query Tests results...
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:05:41 GMT
Gang,

After I have changed the UnitOfWork(Factory) to be customizable, something
rather bizarre has surfaced. A bunch of query tests are now failing.

Example;  org.apache.zest.test.indexing.AbstractQueryTest#script17

The expected result is

"Gaming", "Jack Doe"

but if I change the tests and remove the first() and max() the full set is

[Ann Doe, Cars, Cooking, Felix, Gaming, Jack Doe, Joe Doe, Kuala Lumpur,
Penang, Programming]

And the first(3) and max(2) should indeed return "Felix" and "Gaming" as it
does now, and didn't do before.

Anybody care to comment of what is happening? Is it eventual consistency (I
thought that indexing was inlined and not eventual, at the moment) and the
new UoW is enough slower for the values to "arrive"?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer