polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Quartz spike
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2015 04:45:24 GMT
Gang,
I have now spent too many weekends on the Scheduler library.

  a. What we have doesn't work as expected.

  b. I have not been able to fix it.

  c. I have tried to use Quartz by re-implementing a JobStore, backed by
our persistence. It is highly complicated. Quartz have not managed to
separate the concerns well enough, and too much JDBC assumptions are in
place. I give up on this. I can push my local branch on what I have done,
if someone is interested in picking this up and run with it.

  d. Other hacks are possible, but simply feels utterly wrong. Having a RAM
based JobStore, and try to populate that from our persistence by listening
in on events MIGHT work. I am not going to try.

I still think that the library is an excellent idea, and wish that we could
get it to work. But I think I need to move on to other things to fix. This
is simply beyond me.

Any feedback?

Cheers
--