polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Serialization issue?
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:14:18 GMT
I think only Paul can provide insight here...

See the stacktrace below. I am writing an entity to the FileEntityStore,
and to my surprise I get a deserialization exception.

Looking closer, it seems that;
  a. EntityState is already keeping the state in serialized form
  b. propertyValueOf() is called for the serialization, only to immediately
serialize it back.

So, ignoring my actual problem, the deeper question is; Is it really
expected that the EntityState is serializing an extra time when
serializing?? It seems wrong, but perhaps there is a deeper reason going on
here...

Niclas

Caused by: org.apache.zest.api.value.ValueSerializationException: Don't
know how to deserialize {"fullName":"Niclas Hedhman","username":"niclas"}
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.value.ValueDeserializerAdapter.deserializeNodeGuessed(ValueDeserializerAdapter.java:788)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.value.ValueDeserializerAdapter.deserializeGuessed(ValueDeserializerAdapter.java:716)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.value.ValueDeserializerAdapter.doDeserialize(ValueDeserializerAdapter.java:398)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.value.ValueDeserializerAdapter.deserializeRoot(ValueDeserializerAdapter.java:347)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.value.ValueDeserializerAdapter.deserialize(ValueDeserializerAdapter.java:269)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.entitystore.helpers.JSONEntityState.propertyValueOf(JSONEntityState.java:133)
    at
org.apache.zest.library.rdf.entity.EntityStateSerializer.lambda$serializeProperties$0(EntityStateSerializer.java:117)
    at
org.apache.zest.library.rdf.entity.EntityStateSerializer$$Lambda$177/1835571798.accept(Unknown
Source)
    at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:116)
    at
java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)
    at
java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:580)
    at
org.apache.zest.library.rdf.entity.EntityStateSerializer.serializeProperties(EntityStateSerializer.java:116)
    at
org.apache.zest.library.rdf.entity.EntityStateSerializer.serialize(EntityStateSerializer.java:89)
    at
org.apache.zest.index.rdf.indexing.RdfIndexingService$RdfEntityIndexerMixin.indexEntityState(RdfIndexingService.java:199)
    at
org.apache.zest.index.rdf.indexing.RdfIndexingService$RdfEntityIndexerMixin.indexUpdates(RdfIndexingService.java:160)
    at
org.apache.zest.index.rdf.indexing.RdfIndexingService$RdfEntityIndexerMixin.notifyChanges(RdfIndexingService.java:114)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.entitystore.StateChangeNotificationConcern$1.commit(StateChangeNotificationConcern.java:44)
    at
org.apache.zest.spi.entitystore.ConcurrentModificationCheckConcern$ConcurrentCheckingEntityStoreUnitOfWork$1.commit(ConcurrentModificationCheckConcern.java:118)

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer