polygene-dev mailing list archives

From nino martinez wael <nino.martinez.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 13:56:20 GMT
Im writing inline on this:)

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Jiri Jetmar <juergen.jetmar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Nino,
>
> welcome back in life :-)
>
> I see what you mean, but at least from my side there are the following
> comments :
>
> 1.) In a 50 min Session, one can not really cover details for a "large" App
yes it would have to be short, just a glimpse of the power :)
> 2.) Where there is no knowledge about Zest in the audience, one has to
> first explain e.g. what a Fragment is. Otherwise the code that will be
> shown later will not make any sense.
I agree, but sometimes you also need to make their head go boom:)

> But I see your point, and lets see if we can do it for the next Apache Con
> better.
> Are you willing to contribute ?

I've been thinking on this, and YES i am, im not completely sure what
I can contribute with:. We are closing Apache Onami down, and this
frees my time a bit. And we are in the company picking up OSGI/KARAF
as our platform, and since Zest does have support for this it would
make perfect sense to at least give it a shot..

> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> Jiri

>> Thanks, and yes that has been discussed in the past. Problem is that it is
>> not really feasible to do "big applications" at a conference, but Rickard
>> did a small comparison at Oredev 2009,
>> http://oredev.org/videos/dci-in-practice
>>
>> For online content, a bigger example is more feasible. Suggestion of one is
>> appreciated... ;-)
>>
>> Niclas
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 4:41 PM, nino martinez wael <
>> nino.martinez.wael@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Im alive :)
>> >
>> > Okay time for a little feedback.
>> >
>> > Disclaimer, I did not stay for the full presentation, one of my
>> > colleagues were chewing my arm off, so we left ~10 mins after
>> > scheduled end.
>> >
>> > I would really have liked to see two large applications compared. One
>> > with normal pojos and java workings and another with Zest. So that it
>> > would become very clear how powerful composite programming really are.
>> >
>> > I think a simple console app, would do just fine, so that people don't
>> > get hung up on technologies.
>> >
>> > WDYT?
>> >
>> > regards AND thanks for a good presentation
>> > Nino

>> > nino.martinez.wael@gmail.com>

>> Qi4j
>> > in