polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 18:11:22 GMT
nino martinez wael a écrit :
> I Know it was in purpose. But I do think it would do good to spend 10
> minutes in a, "large" zest app, that would really show some of the raw
> power of composite programming.. Just really to put emphasis on
> using/reusing fragments.. Because doing a simple project doesn't show, it
> only show the overhead. Now some people of course can abstract from that,
> others might not.

Sure, makes sense. And yes, we did not dig deep into composition/reuse.

> The speaker console app could be okay. If it had more classes to show of
> the many facets of reuse..

The tutorials do a pretty good job on this.
Maybe we should have pointed to Zest documentation along the presentation?

> Btw on a personal plan I intent to look into zest again.. Any idea on when
> naming on packages will be moved to apache naming, e.g. Zest vs qi4j?

2.x will keep using org.qi4j.*
3.0 will use org.apache.zest.*.
The rename has already been done in the develop branch.

We don't have a 3.0 release time frame, we only know it should happen in
2016.

Cheers

/Paul