polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@zest.mail.kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: Predicates as Constraints
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 09:22:12 GMT
On 7.9.2015 11:46, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> The value in the annotation is solved by field/constructor injection and is
> not an issue (I think).

Currently in Zest, (AFAIK) the constraints can't have any injections.
That is IIRC because they are not managed from composite-wide instance
pools (since some injections require 'taking ownership' of the fragment,
since they are not thread-safe, or value varies depending on which
composite instance is currently using fragment).

The same goes for Qi4CS: constraint instances are pooled on whole
application level.
If you guys get to implement this without running into any issues or
problems, I might do the same in Qi4CS as well.
Been thinking about this for a while, and allowing injections on
constraints as well would make things nicely symmetric and orthogonal,
since now constraints are a little 'special snowflakes' in Zest/Qi4CS
world.