polygene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Stream/Functional progress report
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 05:17:46 GMT
I have also traced down a couple of more such mistakes.

Out of the ~1300 tests in Core, 80 are now failing... Getting there.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

> Ah, ServiceTags are not an Interface.... And I misinterpreted the
> flatten() in previous code.
>
> Committing.
>
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>
> wrote:
>
>> In fact, line 195 should be adding the top-most interface already.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I kind of figured that much out already. But I still can't spot
>>> the difference from the old code.
>>>
>>> And not comfortable of just adding it.
>>>
>>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:53 AM, Kent SĂžlvsten <kent.soelvsten@gmail.com
>>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>> Debugger tells that the bug is inside Classes#TYPES_OF.
>>>>
>>>> The old implementation returned both interfaces and parent classes for a
>>>> class, - the new implementation returns only interfaces.
>>>> The effect is that we only store the ServiceTags under metaInfo keyed by
>>>> the Serializable interface, and thus are unable to find it.
>>>>
>>>> Who will be first to fix it?
>>>>
>>>> /Kent
>>>>
>>>> Den 26-08-2015 kl. 17:33 skrev Niclas Hedhman:
>>>> > Gang,
>>>> >
>>>> > I want to give you an update on how it is going...
>>>> >
>>>> > In essence, I have completed the first round of massive changes,
>>>> where most
>>>> > of the internals are using Stream API instead of the Iterable system
>>>> from
>>>> > Rickard.
>>>> > It compiles and some non-trivial tests pass.
>>>> >
>>>> > BUT, I must have messed up some of the functions, because withTags()
>>>> > doesn't work anymore. When the withTags() are to be converted into a
>>>> > ServiceTags instance and placed into MetaInfo, something goes wrong
>>>> and
>>>> > ServiceTags are never added. This breaks a LOT of tests, due to "json"
>>>> > tagging on ValueSerialization, and I haven't stumbled upon breaking
>>>> for
>>>> > other reasons, so fixing this could(!) clear up a massive number of
>>>> tests
>>>> > in one go.
>>>> >
>>>> > I also note that the Build Passes, even though most tests fail. That
>>>> can't
>>>> > be right...
>>>> >
>>>> > I am committing and pushing this anyway, in case someone has time to
>>>> look
>>>> > at this detail tonight or tomorrow, as I need to run around with other
>>>> > things quite a lot, for my move to Shanghai.
>>>> >
>>>> > So, my guess is that CI will break and start making noise.
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
>>> http://zest.apache.org - New Energy for Java
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
>> http://zest.apache.org - New Energy for Java
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
> http://zest.apache.org - New Energy for Java
>



-- 
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://zest.apache.org - New Energy for Java

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message