polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Enough relaxation??
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 03:26:52 GMT
On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Paul Merlin <paul@nosphere.org> wrote:

> Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> > One thing that surfaced on Incubator list today, was that ASF pays for
> Jar
> > signing that is provided by Symantec's service. I am checking whether our
> > 100s of jars will be an issue, but assuming not, I think we should
> > incorporate that in the release build process (automated of course).
> Sounds promising.
> See
>
> https://people.apache.org/~markt/presentations/2015-04-15-Code%20Signing%20at%20the%20ASF.pdf
>
> Thanks, I'll try to find out how much ~100 credits are (our number of code
jars). If it is overly burdensome for ASF, like more than a dollar or so,
then I think we can wait a bit.

> > I think I will slowly start to replace Functional and IO packages with
> the
> > Java 8 functional and stream APIs. That is a lot of coding, but not
> overly
> > complex, and will take a while.
> Moving from Iterables to Streams will help guarantee they are consumed
> once. Iterables can be consumed several times, Streams can't. Maybe
> there're some places where Iterables will be more appropriate.

I think I am about halfway by now;
  a. Function and Function2 completely replaced
  b. Specification replaced with Predicate
  c. A big chunk of Iterables done, but still working to sort that out.

On point a and b, it was clean enough to simply replace them, and I have
commits locally that I think are clean and built properly. I have not
pushed that yet. You want it?

On point c, I started with replacing HasTypes.types() method, and that
snowballed a lot of derivative changes needed, since it is all tied
together with the Functions to work with those types. So, still fighting
that. Will report back a bit later today on it.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-109 is the umbrella for all the
> > large things planned for 3.0.
> > Happy Coding
> I'll be putting some effort on 3.0 starting next week.

Great...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer