polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: propertyPK in AbstractSQLIndexing
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:48:15 GMT
Gang,

Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Paul (or Stan?)
>
> In the above class there is a propertyPK that is passed around for each
> insertion and +1 and so on.
>
>   1. Does that mean that SQL Indexing will not work for multi-instances of
> Zest app?

That's correct :(
I remember this has been discussed in the past, but can't find a link.

IIRC that is also the sole reason why SQLEntityState exists and the
SQLEntityStore is not a JSONMapEntityStore. Stan?

>   2. Normally, one would depend on the auto-increment features in the DB.
> Why wasn't that done in this case?

Probably for compatibility reasons as Kent & Stan pointed out.
But it should be doable with strategies per 'type of sql db'.
Some support auto-increments, some requires sequences etc...

I wonder if the Indexing-SQL extension suffers from the same issue.

/Paul