polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@zest.mail.kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: Is Java 8 still Java?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:34:05 GMT
As someone who reads (and writes) a lot of LINQ expressions, what Niclas
wrote seemed pretty natural (albeit a bit clumsy, because of Java).
I personally think it is OK to write compressed, elegant code, and
assume that the reader will have enough theoretical knowledge and
practical experience to understand it.
One reason for this is also because these managed languages (Java, C#,
and their variants), even with expressions like that, are still a lot
easier to understand than most C/C++ stuff, especially now with all the
'fun' extra features with new standards.

Some of the trickier parts of the code in Java/C# should have a detailed
explanation in comments, if for nothing else, then because the possible
need to revisit your own code later. ;)
And the C/C++ stuff always needs comments...