polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Kent SĂžlvsten <kent.soelvs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: propertyPK in AbstractSQLIndexing
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:02:24 GMT
Just guessing.

Could it have something to do with an attempt to be compatible with
multiple databases?
As far as i remember, Oracle does not support autoincrement (but has
sequences instead).

(most ORM frameworks have pluggable key-generation strategies depending
on the database used).

Another thing is that the assigned values can be hard to grab on
insertion -  but not sure if that is really a requirement, or simply a
coincidence in the implementation.

/Kent