polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Enough relaxation??
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:02:07 GMT
Hey Niclas,

Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Gang,
> after the release we seem to have taken a short vacation.
I did, and it was good :)
One week of gardening, dry-stone building and hiking in mountains and
forests.
Batteries now loaded!

> And in my book, there are a lot of things to be done, of varying order of
> complexity.
Indeed.

> One thing that surfaced on Incubator list today, was that ASF pays for Jar
> signing that is provided by Symantec's service. I am checking whether our
> 100s of jars will be an issue, but assuming not, I think we should
> incorporate that in the release build process (automated of course).
Sounds promising.
See
https://people.apache.org/~markt/presentations/2015-04-15-Code%20Signing%20at%20the%20ASF.pdf

> I think I will slowly start to replace Functional and IO packages with the
> Java 8 functional and stream APIs. That is a lot of coding, but not overly
> complex, and will take a while.
Moving from Iterables to Streams will help guarantee they are consumed
once. Iterables can be consumed several times, Streams can't. Maybe
there're some places where Iterables will be more appropriate.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-109 is the umbrella for all the
> large things planned for 3.0.
> Happy Coding
I'll be putting some effort on 3.0 starting next week.

Happy Coding!

Cheers

/Paul