polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: 2.1 distributions pre-release build & review, take two
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 06:10:09 GMT
I built 'develop' according to your instructions on Mac OSX and that worked
fine.

I unzipped the source output artifact and built on Mac OSX and that worked
fine.

I copied the source output artifact to a very blank server of mine, and the
problem shown below happened. It is obviously a Gradle issue, perhaps even
a Java installation problem. But we should be prepared if someone is
raising this.

niclas@node1:~/temp/apache-zest-java-2.1-RC0-src$ ./gradlew
-Dversion=2.1-RC0 assemble -x signArchives
Downloading https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.5-all.zip

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error:
java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors
parameter must be non-empty
    at
org.gradle.wrapper.ExclusiveFileAccessManager.access(ExclusiveFileAccessManager.java:78)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.Install.createDist(Install.java:44)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.execute(WrapperExecutor.java:126)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.main(GradleWrapperMain.java:55)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the
trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:208)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1937)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1894)
    at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(SSLSocketImpl.java:1877)
    at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1398)
    at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:563)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1512)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1440)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.Download.downloadInternal(Download.java:56)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.Download.download(Download.java:42)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.Install$1.call(Install.java:57)
    at org.gradle.wrapper.Install$1.call(Install.java:44)
    at
org.gradle.wrapper.ExclusiveFileAccessManager.access(ExclusiveFileAccessManager.java:65)
    ... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error:
java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors
parameter must be non-empty
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:90)
    at sun.security.validator.Validator.getInstance(Validator.java:179)
    at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.getValidator(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:312)
    at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrustedInit(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:171)
    at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:184)
    at
sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
    at
sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1460)
    at
sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:212)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:914)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1050)
    at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1363)
    at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1391)
    ... 14 more
Caused by: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the
trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
    at
java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.setTrustAnchors(PKIXParameters.java:200)
    at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.<init>(PKIXParameters.java:120)
    at
java.security.cert.PKIXBuilderParameters.<init>(PKIXBuilderParameters.java:104)
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:88)
    ... 26 more
niclas@node1:~/temp/apache-zest-java-2.1-RC0-src$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_45-internal"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-internal-b14)
niclas@node1:~/temp/apache-zest-java-2.1-RC0-src$ uname -a
Linux node1 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt9-3~deb8u1 (2015-04-24)
x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer