polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Configuration initialization
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 09:04:38 GMT
We all should know that Configuration Composite is an Entity, read from an
EntityStore and runtime modifiable just like any Entity.

We also know that if it is not found in the Entity Store, the value is read
from a properties file, named after the identity of the Service Composite
the configuration belongs to.

I am now adding that in addition to Properties files, the file can be read
via ValueSerialization instead. I am also adding that YAML is a format we
intend to support (I really like that format for Config data).

But currently there is no YAML ValueSerialization extension available. If
someone feels itchy to help out; Creating a ValueSerialization extension
for YAML, with the help of SnakeYaml or YamlBeans.

Since the code is virtually the same inside the Configuration, I will rely
on this will get done sooner or later, and my tests are only covering JSON
and XML for now.

Hopefully done today.

Cheers
--