polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Configuration initialization
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:59:27 GMT
On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Paul Merlin <paul@nosphere.org> wrote:

> > Any thoughts?
>
> I'm all in favor for going towards "Entity=Identity+Value". In the end,
> this will allow us to drop a bunch of code as EntityState serialization
> in EntityStores is pretty different than ValueSerialization (was already
> before I rewrote ValueSerialization for 2.0). And I don't see the need
> for theses differences.

Yes, I have also been thinking about that.

Potentially the EntityStore SPI could become somewhat simpler.
   a. "Here is the new Value" per entity, in a two phase process...
   b. EntityStore could throw the whole Value into the timeseries store,
maybe optimized for cases where a single Property is in the Entity.

My guess is that Indexing/Query might also benefit from such change.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer