polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Fwd: Time to propose a CS Capstone Project!
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2015 10:25:57 GMT
Anybody care to drive this (see quote below)? I will not have enough time
to provide enough guidance and especially the requirements phase.

Some ideas;
   * An HTML5/CSS/JS based Envision replacement.
   * IDE integration
   * Indexing/Query engine(s) upgrades/replacements.
   * Auto-generation of CRUD Web UI.
   * Android DEX support.

Thoughts?
Niclas

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven Hathaway <shathawa@e-z.net>
Date: Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM
Subject: Fwd: Time to propose a CS Capstone Project!
To: dev@community.apache.org

OSU Capstone Projects - Opportunity to introduce students to ASF projects
and participate in development

I have participated in several Capstone projects at Oregon State University
in Corvallis, Oregon USA.

It is a good start for college seniors to develop their software design,
project management, and engineering business skills.  The Capstone project
is available to open-source software projects, foundations, and commercial
enterprises.  The project sponsor and mentor is the point-of-contact to
mitigate any licensing and confidentiality agreement issues.  The mentor
also evaluates the performance of the project and gives guidance to the
team.

The projects can often benefit from a student group, but understand that
these are undergraduate students in their Senior year at the university.
The students have other classes around which they need to schedule their
time.   Be sure not to make the tasks overwhelming of student time and
demands, but rigorous enough to be a challenge. A well-designed project
will not only benefit the students, but can also benefit your Apache
project.

It is also useful for the projects have a good presentation of
accomplishments at the OSU Engineering Expo in May.

I live within commute distance from OSU and may be able to help with some
of the campus details in person.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway