polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: FileEntityStore directory
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 08:23:22 GMT
But not with Scheduler on Windows...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-41

There are three ways this can be fixed;

a. Do character replacements in the identity, per filesystem, to create
valid files. Downside; One can't move the store to another OS and remain
compatible.

b. Do character replacement in the identity, same on all filesystem, to
create portable filenames. Downside; Existing stores will break.

c. Introduce a IdentityConstraint in the FileEntityStore, which must be
applied to all entities in the application if one use this ES. Downside;
Scheduler (others?) will required to be changed and introduces an
incompatibility from previous version.

Not sure which is most reasonable.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer