polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Deserialization of Arrays
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:40:29 GMT
Niclas,

Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> I think that the "Array"-case at root level was effectively ignored in the
> current ValueSerialization system.
Yup, during the 2.0 rewrite of serialization I kept the serialization
backward compatible and arrays are one of thoses cases ...

Moreover, Property<"SomeArrayType"> support is itself flakky.
For example it fails at equality tests.

See:
- Absence of []s in ValueEqualityTest.java
- Absence of []s in PropertyEqualityTest.java
- Comments in AbstractValueCompositeSerializationTest.java#L188

There's PropertyStringArrayTest.java but it does not cover much.

This raised the very question of supporting []s in the past.

/Paul