polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: ValueDeserialization help requested
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:01:05 GMT
Hey Niclas,

Yep, serialization is pretty straight forward.
Deserialization is a bit more convoluted.

That is to support streamed (de)serialization of large datasets like
giant Entities/Values or large collections of these.

Serialization is always streaming.
Deserialization is streaming by default (pull parsing) but may switch to
plain tree parsing when needed (eg. _type). This is what makes the
deserialization a bit complex.

HTH

Cheers

/Paul