polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Apache Zest by-laws
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 12:39:03 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> The pages you reference;
>
> Participate & Codebase -> Doesn't follow what ASF expects, where everyone
> are peers.
>
> Playing Field - talks about "reverts", where in ASF there is a concept of
> "Veto a change", which would lead to discussion and resolution. Whether
> that is a revert, amendment or something else is not really defined.
So, we should review theses to ASF-ize them, shouldn't we?

> We used to have a release notes, which was generated from Jira issues
> solved in the release. Are you talking about something else?
I was talking about a CHANGES file, some text file that we can maintain
along the source code history. But the concept is the very same: have a
human-readable "document" that list all changes between versions. Jira
release notes are fine to me.

BUT, I can't find a Version property on issues, nor the "Roadmap" view
I'm used to. Do I need some JIRA privileges to handle this?

Then, to produce accurate release notes we'll have to create issues for
changes that happened before entering the ASF and for changes not
already recorded as issues. Something I can do before we release 2.1.

/Paul