polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scheduler Library upgrade?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:19:39 GMT
Hi Niclas,

> Ok, so to explain; The Scheduler Library is effectively a "Cron Job"
> thingy, where I can tell it to execute something in the future, either once
> or periodically. Those registrations survive restarts, as they are entities
> (although there seem to be intent to support Values, which may be a
> mistake).
ok, good to know :-) ...

> Not sure how that relates to Reactive Streams per se, which deals with
> feeding a stream of events through a system.
the idea was to check if using an API like that shown (good even for
asynchronous de-registration of interest in some maybe long-running
task) using a generic Subscription object that could have many
implementations ...
I agree that for persistent tasks like scheduled job could not be so
useful, but maybe in other cases it is :-) .
I used this pattern some week ago during the "Principles of Reactive
Programming" amazing Course at Coursera, and find very useful, even
for not asynchronous tasks ... anyway, just as idea to discuss here.

Stay well.
Bye