polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Elastic Search] exception on startup
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 01:15:31 GMT
Bringing this up again, since it seems to be an issue in the Elastic Search
extension...

I have found the answer to the problem as well, explained on
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Testing-the-index-existence-td4019208.html

i.e. The "exists" API isn't ready by the time the check is being made. A
couple of the answers recommend "try/catch on index creation" instead.

Anyone has any opinion of whether that is a good or bad idea?

Cheers
Niclas