polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject ValueDeserialization "flaw" ?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:02:37 GMT
Gang,

There is something awkward about the Value Deserialization system, but I
have a hard time to put my finger on it.

The entity types are found by Entity Store implementations that are
residing in layers below. But value types can't be deserialized without a
valuesModuleFinder (which erroneously assumes a single module for all
types, but that is separate issue) handing a module from layers above. That
shouldn't really be necessary.

I think that the issue stems from the fact that the UnitOfWork isn't
involved, and there is nothing else carrying this vital information. I also
think that the underlying mistake was to first do "@Structure Module
module" injection into the ValueDeserializerAdapter, later realizing that
wouldn't work (and adding the valuesModuleFinder as a result), but at that
point failing to add Module in the methods instead of the constructor
argument.

I will see if I can come up with a solution to this.

Any feedback is appreciated, as always...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer