polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@apache.org>
Subject Domain name donation
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:47:52 GMT
Trademarks,

The Apache Zest project imported the Qi4j codebase, and wants to keep the
org.qi4j package names, at least for the time being (will revisit that in
next major version). This domain name is owned by myself, and paid for
until March 2017.

Should this arrangement continue this way, or should I transfer the domain
name to ASF and ASF will maintain it as long as needed? I am ok with either
way, but what is the norm?

There is also a http://qi4j.org, currently hosted at GitHub Pages. We can
redirect that to http://zest.apache.org, but I would rather change the DNS,
but will that work since I assume that we are on Apache virtual hosts, and
it needs to know about the new name. What is recommended?

Thanks
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer