polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Domain name donation
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:21:09 GMT
Hi Niclas,
Thank you for your email.  Shane will be responding to your inquiry shortly.
Have a great day!!
~Melissaon behalf of the Trademarks Team

      From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@apache.org>
 To: trademarks@apache.org
Cc: dev <dev@zest.apache.org>
 Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 6:47 AM
 Subject: Domain name donation

Trademarks,

The Apache Zest project imported the Qi4j codebase, and wants to keep the org.qi4j package
names, at least for the time being (will revisit that in next major version). This domain
name is owned by myself, and paid for until March 2017.

Should this arrangement continue this way, or should I transfer the domain name to ASF and
ASF will maintain it as long as needed? I am ok with either way, but what is the norm?

There is also a http://qi4j.org, currently hosted at GitHub Pages. We can redirect that to
http://zest.apache.org, but I would rather change the DNS, but will that work since I assume
that we are on Apache virtual hosts, and it needs to know about the new name. What is recommended?

Thanks
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer