polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: ValueDeserialization "flaw" ?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:07:23 GMT
Niclas,

Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Gang,
>
> There is something awkward about the Value Deserialization system, but I
> have a hard time to put my finger on it.
>
> The entity types are found by Entity Store implementations that are
> residing in layers below. But value types can't be deserialized without a
> valuesModuleFinder (which erroneously assumes a single module for all
> types, but that is separate issue) handing a module from layers above. That
> shouldn't really be necessary.
>
> I think that the issue stems from the fact that the UnitOfWork isn't
> involved, and there is nothing else carrying this vital information. I also
> think that the underlying mistake was to first do "@Structure Module
> module" injection into the ValueDeserializerAdapter, later realizing that
> wouldn't work (and adding the valuesModuleFinder as a result), but at that
> point failing to add Module in the methods instead of the constructor
> argument.
I think you got the history right :)
Seems legit that UoW is not involved as Serialization must work without
one, we're talking about Values here.

> I will see if I can come up with a solution to this.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated, as always...
Unfortunately, adding Module in the methods would break API
compatibility. If it's the way to go, we could add new methods with a
Module parameter and @Deprecate the other methods planning their removal
for 3.0.

HTH

/Paul