polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: [Elastic Search] exception on startup
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 08:32:52 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Bringing this up again, since it seems to be an issue in the Elastic Search
> extension...
>
> I have found the answer to the problem as well, explained on
> http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Testing-the-index-existence-td4019208.html
>
> i.e. The "exists" API isn't ready by the time the check is being made. A
> couple of the answers recommend "try/catch on index creation" instead.
>
> Anyone has any opinion of whether that is a good or bad idea?
I think we should instead wait for ElasticSearch "yellow" status on
activation, that is "the primary shard is allocated but replicas may not
be yet". At this stage the index exists query should answer correctly.

I just pushed a commit to develop for this. Tell me if it solved this issue.

Cheers

/Paul