polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Drop Prototype in ValueBuilder in 3.0??
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:35:03 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> I haven't tested it, but it should be a lot faster to create
> ValueCompisites now. I have noticed in Tue past that TransientComposites
> built a lot faster, and I think this was why...
Indeed!

I ran the performance tests before and after your changes.
Here are the results:

Before:
Minimum Java Object Creation Time:8 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Java Object Creation Time:21 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Composite Creation Time:615 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Composite Creation Time:312 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Qi4j Object Creation Time:326 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Qi4j Object Creation Time:196 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Value Creation Time:8788 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Value Creation Time:7660 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Composite (builder) Creation Time:223 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Composite (builder) Creation Time:214 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Value (builder) Creation Time:7492 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Value (builder) Creation Time:7513 nanoseconds per composite
Transient: 33x
TransientBuilder: 15x
Value: 587x
ValueBuilder: 535x
Object: 18x

After:
Minimum Java Object Creation Time:10 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Java Object Creation Time:19 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Composite Creation Time:700 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Composite Creation Time:302 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Qi4j Object Creation Time:316 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Qi4j Object Creation Time:199 nanoseconds per object
Minimum Value Creation Time:1206 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Value Creation Time:863 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Composite (builder) Creation Time:246 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Composite (builder) Creation Time:232 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Value (builder) Creation Time:911 nanoseconds per composite
Minimum Value (builder) Creation Time:862 nanoseconds per composite
Transient: 35x
TransientBuilder: 17x
Value: 73x
ValueBuilder: 63x
Object: 18x

So, Value creation went from 500/600 x pure java object creation to 60/70x.
Huge enhancement!

Cheers

/Paul