polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Release 2.1 ??
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:09:48 GMT
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Gang,
> How is it with time from especially Jiri and Paul??  I would like to see
> integration of the Geospatial stuff before ver 2.1 release, and my guess is
> that it will take a while.
I think we should put 2.1 out without the geospatial stuff and tailor it
for 3.0.

> Other things for 2.1?
>   +  toValue and toEntity, almost there...
Cool. Tell me if you need me to review again.

>   +  Make sure Apache RAT doesn't fail (Paul, did you integrate RAT in
> Gradle build?)
There's `./gradlew rat` but it is not hooked into the build.

>   +  NOTICE review to be completed.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-15
I pursued work on this, will come back here with more details later this
week.

>   +  Drop Google AppEngine EntityStore. Google has announced that some
> storage type is going to be turned off this summer. I think we depend on
> it, since I received notification that my AppEngine apps will fail soon.
OK

>   +  Drop Neo4j EntityStore from the release. The licensing situation is
> unclear. Perhaps we should add a item in devstatus to indicate that
> Licensing has been vetted and ensured kosher, which would be part of the
> ReleaseSpecification.
And the actual Neo4j EntityStore use an outdated Neo4j API.
It should be rewritten.
I'm ok with dropping it for 2.1.

>   + Various fixes done in the last couple of months.
>
> Anything else??
Maybe the bootstrap enhancements you proposed in
http://zest.markmail.org/thread/hdbod5mzejasxazp without the annotation
related stuff.

Cheers

/Paul