polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: toValue() and toEntity()
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 03:37:35 GMT
Yes, kind of... The conversion library is more lenient (@Unqualified), as
well as somewhat more complex, since can't access the internal runtime's
state.

The proposed change is strict, but fully bi-directional and relying on the
fact that I can register the same type as both a Entity as well as a Value.
When the Conversion library was originally created, that feature didn't
exist, and it had to do name matching instead.

So, Conversion library is not as clean as this proposal, and perhaps that
is wanted at times. I can also imagine expanding the conversion library
into the "POJO" space, i.e. back-forth between values and getter/setter
styled classes.

Cheers
Niclas

--