polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject toValue() and toEntity()
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 04:50:42 GMT
Rickard added the support for handling Associations in Values, and we also
now have the full support of sharing super-types between Entities and
Values.

So, it would make sense that if I declare the assembly;

    module.entities( Person.class );
    module.values( Person.class );

that I could do;

    Person entity = ...;
    Person value = api.toValue( Person,class, entity );

as well as the other way around;

    Person value = ...;
    Person entity = api.toEntity( Person.class, entity );

The implementation of this is fairly small and straight forward, and I have
most of it in place in my project already, but I think it really belongs in
the API itself, as this would be super-neat for Rest APIs and other work
outside of UnitOfWorks.

WDYT?

Cheers
--