polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: ZEST-23
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 10:18:10 GMT
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Paul Merlin <paul@nosphere.org> wrote:
> Looking at it today I don't know why key order should matter.
> I'd say that having more idiomatic JSON would make usage less contrived,
> which would be a good thing.

I agree that is very desirable, and it is now mostly a matter of how to
handle data migration, if we go with Kent's advice.

Obviously no one uses NamedAssociation, since I can't see that this ever
worked, as there is a mismatch (serialize object and deserialize an array)
at the moment.

Kent, good to know that JS is cool with that.

The quickest fix was to change the Serializer to match the Deserializer for
NamedAssociations. And I am committing that version shortly in a separate
branch...

But, while discussing this, I think we should do this;

  a. Change NamedAssociation to be serialized in "object" form now.
  b. Keep the Map serialization for now as it is.
  c. Plan the change for 3.0 later in the year, giving us a bit of time to
figure out the migration.

WDYT?

Cheers
--