polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QuickCheck instead of JUnit
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 10:24:07 GMT
Hi all and thank you very much for supporting my idea :-) ...
Currently I'm not so focused on Java 8 features because in last years
I was/am more interested in Scala and Groovy, so my first idea to use
something like ScalaCheck ( http://scalacheck.org/ ) but maybe in a
project like Zest could be out of primary interest ... I have little
knowledge but if you think that something like that could be useful I
could try to get some time and prototype something simple and then
see, ok ?
Zest-sandbox as a playing area in git could be the place, right ?
Of course I ahve to better understand Zest codebase in next period.

On developing code in Zest codebase, the standard approach is to
develop a feature in a dedicated git branch, and then merge (if/when
needed) ? Maybe some generic info on coding style for Zest developers
could be useful, to simplify things to new comers ...

On *Check libraries for Java, like Paul I didn't find a library that
seems actively developed so I don't have a strong idea on what chose
... but a secondary *Check project maybe could help to split that in
codebase, to change/evolve/remove as needed, with not so much impact
on main code base.

A dedicated JIRA issue could be good to start tracking this feature.

Last, next time I'll post directly (thanks to Niclas in the meantime) :-) .

Bye,
Sandro