polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Application Code Management tool
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:29:57 GMT
No, it is just a guidance principle, where we do/use whatever suits us and
not what other people do/use.

In a way, what you are suggesting would "prevent innovation" since no one
would ever use something new. ;-)  We would still all be on the single
Mainframe that rules the world...

And personally, I am seldom upset with Gradle, and Maven often breaks
expectations in larger projects. Maven's main feature is to get started
quickly, but Gradle is sort of beating Maven at that too.

Anyway, we won't move back to Maven for the build system. That would
require some outstanding argument. And for this tool about getting started
with Qi4j, I do want to support (eventually) that people can generate Maven
or Gradle (possibly others) projects for themselves, and I just realized
that this is probably what you are arguing for...

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com>
wrote:

> So, your build tool would have prevented innovation?
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>
> > We had this discussion 4-5 years ago.... Qi4j wouldn't exist if we wanted
> > "mainstream and supported"  ;-) LOL
> >

> > On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 7:30 AM, James Carman <
> james@carmanconsulting.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I would recommend against gradle. Maven is far more mainstream and
> > > supported.

> > > after
> > and I

> > roman@shaposhnik.org>