polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject NOTICE
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:47:54 GMT
Gang,

I started to dig into ZEST-15.

I'm first looking into NOTICE files.
There are lots of other issues (headers, gradle wrapper, crypto etc...)
but I'm handling them one at a time.

>From what I understand at http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html :

- Only one NOTICE file per released distribution is mandatory
- Only *bundled* dependencies needs to be scrutined

So, if we don't bundle any dependencies in our release distributions,
NOTICE file should remain pretty simple.

I looked at releases of other Apache TLPs like Samza, DeltaSpike and a
few others at http://dist.apache.org/ and most of the JVM based projects
only release a source distribution there.
Then they publish JARs to maven repositories without LICENSE/NOTICE files.

I'd lean towards doing the very same. That is releasing a sources-only
distribution (with proper LICENSE/NOTICE files) and pushing artifacts to
repositories once the release is voted.

WDYT?

Cheers

/Paul