polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Clean up the sandbox
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:27:22 GMT
Hey,

I started to put some effort in the `zest-sandbox` repository in order
to make the projects it contains build. For now against Qi4j 1.3 ... I
intend to then refactor them to build against 2.0.

The aim here is to get the sandbox in such a state that new
contributions can comfortably be made.

I started by fixing the Maven build making all projects compile and run
tests.

Along the way I removed the `entitystore-jclouds` and
`entitystore-voldemort` projects that were promoted to the SDK before 2.0.

So, yes, the sandbox is built using Maven whereas `zest-qi4j` is built
using Gradle. History ... But, one step at a time, I will start by
upgrading all projects to Qi4j 2.0.

This work sits in the `feature/sandbox-cleanup` branch of the
`zest-sandbox` git repository. One can now checkout it and issue `mvn
clean install` to build/test all sandbox projects (excepts the ones
listed below).

So, there are some projects I wasn't able to fix.

- libraries/jini & extensions/entitystore-javaspaces
    Depends on incubator release of Apache River.
    Could not find a repository with the correct JARs.
    Unable to make it compile against Apache River TLP artifacts.
- extensions/entitystore-coherence
    Used coherence version not in any public repository.
    Unable to make it compile against coherence-incubator.

I propose to remove them from the sandbox unless someone can fix them
without too much effort.

And there is `extensions/osgi` that I was unable to fix, plus
`library/osgi` is already part of the SDK since 2.0. But this
multi-module project looks very different from the `library/osgi`
present in the SDK. What about it?

Finally, there is `entitystore-gigaspace` that I did not touch at all
after I saw there are two different implementations of it in two
separate branches (`develop` & `gigaspace_impl`). Don't know what to do
about theses ones.

Moreover, to pave the way for other Zest sub-projects, I propose to move
the actual Qi4j related-projects in a `qi4j` subfolder of the sandbox.

Before doing that I'd like to ensure we are all ok about theses changes.
Tell my what you think.

/Paul