polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: QuickCheck instead of JUnit
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:49:27 GMT
[snip]

Very interesting topic Sandro, thanks for bringing that. The
presentation recalled me of past headaches I had and the QuickCheck
approach seems promising. I see it as fuzzing + specifications +
shrinking. That's the shrinking part that does the magic!

Browsing existing implementations (thanks Marcel for the links), we can
see that shrinking is not implemented in most of them [1,2,3]. I also
found what looks like an abandonned project : QC4J [4] (that name
remains me something..). No shrinking implementation either.

The only project that seems to have been down the shrinking road so far
is FunctionalJava [5].

[1] https://github.com/pholser/junit-quickcheck/issues/32
[2] Nothing about shrinking in https://bitbucket.org/blob79/quickcheck
[3] Shrinking mentioned in TODO as 'Simplification' http://www.jcheck.org/