polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: QuickCheck instead of JUnit
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:28:53 GMT
On 10.4.2015 2:40, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Gang,
> Sandro Martini is on the Zest PMC, but seems a bit concerned about creating
> noise on the list. But he asked me privately if we should perhaps have a
> closer look at QuickCheck and its derivatives.
>
> What convinced me was the following presentation;
> http://www.infoq.com/presentations/testing-techniques-case-study
>
> And that John mentions at the end "a language needs lambdas, that's why it
> hasn't been possible before Java 8" piqued my interest quite a bit.
>
> Qi4j is heading to "Java 8"-only territory rather rapidly, so the question
> now is; Is there a Java 8 implementation of QuickCheck already out there??
>
> Because the QuickScala stuff just scares me to no end. In fact, the Erlang
> one is to me a lot better.
>
> For Qi4j, QuickCheck approach seems very very logical, and possibly
> enormously beneficial, since it should be specification driven in the first
> place. And with a specification for EntityStore or Indexing (both currently
> naivly driven by simple unit tests) gives a multiplier effect as well!!
>
> Anyone want to pick this up and do some research?
>

> Cheers
I just watched the presentation and it was great, and addressed a lot of
issues that are very familiar to me.
I am interested into this (more specifically, whether there is or will
be anything like that in C#), hopefully will get some time to research
as well.
Count me out from Java8 stuff though - currently my resources are not
enough for anything Java-specific. :(