polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Qi4j presentation on 2 April
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:48:37 GMT
Niclas,
> I am currently in Romania, and local Java User Group on Thursday, limited
> to 200 seats. There was a poll to see which *two* of
>    * Apache Software Foundation - How does it work?
>    * Apache Incubator - How to get a project into Apache?
>    * Qi4j - Composite Oriented Programming
>    * Commercialization of Open Source
>
> that I should talk about, and >75% gave one of the votes on Qi4j.
>
> I will brush up the talk from Shanghai Apache Roadshow 2011 (?), and *any
> ideas to pique the interest* to get involved in this audience is
> appreciated.
Looks like it was Shanghai Apache Roadshow 2010 :)
cf. http://qi4j.org/2010/08/30/apache-roadshow-shanghai.html

The code-first approach, opposed to a theory-first approach, seems good
for a talk. The few I did here in France for small groups years ago
worked well that way. Before reading your 2010 report I tried the
theory-first approach and got people sleeping pretty quick...

I think Qi4j core alone has what's needed to pique the interest of
developpers.

Cheers

/Paul