polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Discuss; SLF4J in Core
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:25:25 GMT
Although codebase is not imported to Apache Zest yet, I am looking at
removing the SLF4J dependency in Core.

As the first step, I want to remove the current logging that is in Core,
simply because it is scattered and primarily in place to support a couple
of development efforts in the past and not really useful to the user of
QI4j.

Second step is to provide a similar extension mechanism for Logging as for
Metrics, and if people plugin a Logging provider, then that will be used.

Third step is to migrate the LIbraries and other Extensions to use this SPI
mechanism.

Fourth step; Look into "useful" logging from Core, that make sense to users.

WDYT?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer