polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: Discuss; SLF4J in Core
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:44:47 GMT
On 31.3.2015 12:33, Kent SĂžlvsten wrote:
> Of course there would be challenges to avoid excessive work "when noone
> listens" - but application events have been discussed years ago (i think
> without being solved) - maybe it is about time to look at that again?

Without knowing the details of this, I would say that if situation when
"no one is listening" is known at assembly/model creation time, this
part would be easy for Qi4CS at least.
This is because Qi4CS does not generate any code during runtime - it
generates the code when one compiles the project that uses Qi4CS.
So anything no-op can be very much optimized.