polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Muhametsin <stanislav.muhamet...@kapsi.fi>
Subject Re: Discuss; SLF4J in Core
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:27:16 GMT
On 31.3.2015 11:58, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Stan (if you are listening in),
I am. :)
> What have you done in the logging compartment of Qi4CS ?
Hmm, currently Qi4CS has no logging at all.
This is partly because Qi4CS is a lot smaller both in Core (e.g. I don't
have entities at all) and Extensions/Libraries/etc (I only have two
small extensions so far).
And partly because I have a bit of dislike for de facto standard logging
tools for .NET (log4net IIRC it is called), and I didn't have
time/energy to find anything which I would find more suitable.
Also, the log4net does (or did?) not have support for WP/Silverlight,
while the Qi4CS works fine in both.
Finally, this way Qi4CS only depends on my own small utility package and
nothing else.

I think the Qi4j approach to logging (using its own Service mechanisms)
would work in Qi4CS as well, after all, the same concepts exist in both
Qi4j and Qi4CS.