polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Discuss; SLF4J in Core
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:59:16 GMT
Sandro Martini a écrit :
> Just for info, in some projects I'm seeing (even for Logging) a
> reactive approach, like logging events sent to a general service bus
> and handled there ... but don't know if could be a good choice here.
This could be left of for logging implementations to choose their behaviour.

> good, but start with JDK ServiceLoader (at least at the beginning) or
> something specific (in Zest codebase) ?
Services in Qi4j^WZest are first-class citizens and take part of the
whole "Application Structure". So reusing that seems obvious.

James Carman a écrit :
> From an outsider's
> perspective, it just seems silly to put a logging facade over a
> logging facade, though.
Yeah, a controversial facade for a controversial subject ;)
In fact, our logging facade could directly call a logging implementation
like logback, without going the SLF4J route. I think the idea here is
both to tighten core dependencies and to give users complete control
regarding how logging should be handled in their apps.

> What do you do when there is no logger?  Use
> a default no-op implementation or something?
Exactly, just as we already do for Metrics.

/Paul