polygene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Website migration to Apache
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2015 11:29:06 GMT
Hello Marcel, all,

Marcel Offermans a écrit :
> Then again, there are quite a few items in section 4 that you can already work on. For
example, the migration of the current documentation and site to the Apache CMS (which, in
short, is a tool that converts markdown and similar markup languages to static HTML).
That's definetely something I could handle.

Let me first brush up what we have today so you can help me understand
possible migration paths.

At qi4j.org we host some "front pages", generated from Markdown (using
Jekyll), plus a "documentation mini-site" per version
(http://qi4j.org/latest, http://qi4j.org/develop, http://qi4j.org/2.0
etc...) generated from Asciidoc.

The documentation mini-sites are generated by our Gradle build directly
from the actual sources. Today we push them, one per version, to our
hosting as HTML files directly from the build.

I've been reading a bit about Apache CMS and it looks like qi4j.org
front pages could easily be migrated there. I could handle that once the
CMS is set up for zest.apache.org and I get the creds.

Now about the documentation mini-sites, could we keep our actual build
process and simply push the generated files to
http://zest.apache.org/qi4j/2.1 for example? Looks like we could do it
that way: https://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#generated-docs

WDYT?

/Paul