poi-user mailing list archives

From rdhanara <rdhan...@ford.com>
Subject Large Data Excel generation
Date Tue, 21 May 2019 10:58:06 GMT
Hi
We have a requirement to generate .xlsx file with  more than 500000  rows
and each row contains 35 to 40 columns in it .

Since SXSSFWorkbook has the ability to do without large memory occupation we
tried with following approach.

	SXSSFWorkbook workbook = new SXSSFWorkbook(xssfWorkbook, 100);

Until 3 lacs record it is working fine but if we go beyond such limit based
on server load some time we are experiencing the Out Of Memory error .
Also even during the success scenario we feel like it is taking large time
to generate the file .

>From another discussion here we understood like there is another approach
like this
**********************************
*/
"
If you need to generate such large worksheets, I would recommend direct
streaming in XML.

The approach would be to create a template file using poi-ooxml, Setup
sheets, number formats, cell styles, etc.
Then write a custom application that streams data in a text file. You don't
need a deep knowledge of SpreadsheetML
format for that, just follow the pattern in the template. The final step
would be to inject this file in the template.  "/*

Is it recommended to go with above highlighted approach ?

Please provide some suggestions here .

Thanks In Advance ...!