poi-user mailing list archives

From rdhanara <rdhan...@ford.com>
Subject sheet.removeMergedRegion throwing Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 11:08:47 GMT
Hi,
trying to shift the merged region to the specific position on the right
side. So removing existing regions and creating the new merged region with
the new range address.

*Code:*
		   ArrayList<CellRangeAddress> regions = new
ArrayList<CellRangeAddress>();
		   int totalMergedRegions=sheet.getNumMergedRegions();
		   for (int i = 0; i < sheet.getNumMergedRegions(); i++){

	         CellRangeAddress region = sheet.getMergedRegion(i);
	         regions.add(region);
	      }
		   for (int i = 0; i < totalMergedRegions; i++){
			   sheet.removeMergedRegion(i);
		      }

		   for (CellRangeAddress region : regions){
		            CellRangeAddress newRegion = new CellRangeAddress(
		               region.getFirstRow(),
		               region.getLastRow() ,
		               region.getFirstColumn() + 9,
		               region.getLastColumn() + 9);
		            sheet.addMergedRegion(newRegion);
		         }

*Problem:*

Totally I have 12 merged regions available. trying to shift them 9 positions
to the right.
totalMergedRegions ==> 12
but ,  sheet.removeMergedRegion(i);
 giving index out of bound exception when i=6
*i.e.    sheet.removeMergedRegion(6);*

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array
index out of range: 5
	at
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.removeMergedRegion(XSSFSheet.java:1433)

Rest all the shifting happening fine. Kindly let me know the reason why
getting out of bound  at 6 when there are totally 12 positions available ?

Thanks In Advance ..!