poi-user mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading Large XLSM file using POI without Memory issue .
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 06:46:35 GMT
Is the sheet to delete referenced in any formulas, names, chart series,
etc. On other sheets?

Is it XLSX? If so, you may be able to just open it as a zip file and delete
the sheet by manipulating the zip contents directly, without bothering to
parse the xml.

I would take a sample, open it in Excel, delete the sheet there, save a
copy, then compare the zip.contents with the original.

That will show you how much has to change, and whether it can be done
without a full semantic parse.