poi-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems using poi with JDK 11 in a modularized application
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 20:07:06 GMT
Hi Achim,

there's an unofficial repackage parameter for xmlbeans generation:
-repackage org.apache.xmlbeans:mybeans

We could try to provide a new XmlBeans version and/or POI schemas with custom packages,
to get rid of the name clash.

Apart of generating a dummy schema, I haven't checked further where this would have side-effects.

> I tried to delete the double named package (schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.src) in the xmlbeans
but obviously there are different files in this package.
Don't delete the schema files - the other subdirectories like "attribute","element" ... are
also duplicated and needed.
I assumed merging/shading various schemas would work, but you've tested it and it didn't work.
So either we verify the shading again or try the repacking.

We just recently switched to Java 8, I'm not sure if we want a breaking change in this magnitude
- best would be of course, to be really Jigsaw compatible.

Best wishes,
Andi