poi-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander, Achim" <...@benthin.de>
Subject Problems using poi with JDK 11 in a modularized application
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:31:27 GMT
Hello,

We are using apache poi to import values in our program via Excel xls and xlsx.
During the migration from Java 8 to Java 11 inclusive modularisation I encountered this problem.
The program is build in eclipse 2018-12 with maven.

The (hopefully) last step to do is to get poi-ooxml-4.0.1jar running.
The problem is that it requires either poi-ooxml-schemas or ooxml-schemas which both requires
xmlbeans.
xmlbeans has one same named package (schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.src) which is used in the schemas,
too. This isn't possible in a modularized java program.
[cid:image001.png@01D4B3D7.FAEE2A80]

What I did so far:
I was already able to add a module-info.jar to the jars created with jdeps.
I tried to delete the double named package (schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.src) in the xmlbeans
but obviously there are different files in this package.
Then I merged ooxml-schemas and xmlbeans to ooxml-schemas but now I get the attached exception.

My next approach would be to download the development sources of both projects and try to
merge them, but maybe you know a better way?

Best regards,

Achim Alexander